Meccanica provides multi-discipline engineering services in both traditional and emerging markets.
As an embedded Defence and Space supplier, Meccanica provides both OEM and sub-contractor based engineering services. This includes machining of cost sensitive precision components to critical delivery schedules.
Meccanica employs a tailored balance of analytical and technology based practices to achieve an effective engineering solution. A range of complementary software tools enable collaborative and efficient product optimisation.
Recent projects completed by Meccanica include:
- Mechanical and thermal design, manufacture and integration of a cryogenic Teledyne H4RG and avalanche photodiode (APD) compatible detector mount with better than 1mK temperature stability at 70K,
- Magnesium alloy vibration test fixtures,
- Mechanical and thermal design, manufacture and integration of a cryogenic deformable mirror test facility with better than 0.1K thermal stability,
- Detailed design, assembly and testing of a cryogenic beam steering mirror with resolution better than 25nm, and
- Conceptual design of the largest multi-use thermal vacuum chamber in the southern hemisphere.
Meccanica develops processes for machining thin walled (<1mm thick) components, and components machined from Invar, titanium, TZM, and nitronic based alloys. [/av_textblock]