Meccanica believes that our most important assets are our people. We maintain an active training and development program to ensure our capabilities reflect our customer’s requirements.
Experience in both R&D and production type environments enables Meccanica to provide a number of critical services. For example, as a full turn-key supplier, Meccanica can reliably and cost effectively design, build, test and deliver small-to-medium sized thermal vacuum systems.
Meccanica maintains a suite of software tools to assist in product development, including:
- SOLIDWORKS for detailed design,
- Onshape for design collaboration,
- Simscale for finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics,
- Matlab and Simulink for multi-physics simulation, and
- Siemens Step7 for industrial automation.
Our modern equipment portfolio, includes:
- DMG Mori NLX 2500/700 Y CNC lathe,
- DMG Mori NV 5000 machining centre, and
- Full complement of certified MIG, TIG and electric arc welding services.
Customer specific processes are routinely developed to relevant Australian and Defence standards, including:
- Trivalent conversion coatings that match or exceed hexavalent based coatings in Space environments,
- Manganese phosphate coating,
- Aeroglaze Z306 high emissivity optical coatings, and
- AkzoNobel High Solids coatings.